In accordance with legislation that came into effect on May 25th, 2018 (GDPR), Little Stitch House privacy policies have been updated to better explain how I collect, use and protect any personal information you may give when using this website. Each and every one of my customers and newsletter subscribers are important to me and so is your personal information. I am committed to providing each of you with an experience that is safe, secure and honest.
The Information I Collect
- The personal information I collect is to give you the best service I possibly can. When you order an item from me, you will have provided me with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to give me additional personal information – for a custom order for example.
- You will also give personal information, (name and email address), when you sign up to my newsletter.
- Technical Data, which may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website, may be collected by Cookies which operate on all websites to improve your experience.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive Data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
- When you order items from Little Stitch House I will need your personal information, as detailed above, to fulfil your order correctly and efficiently and to offer customer support.
- I also need to keep internal records for my business, such as your name and what you have ordered for tax purposes for example.
- I use Shopify and Paypal to manage the collection of payments. They will keep separate information and will have their own policies.
- I rely on a number of legal bases to collect and use your information but am a one-woman business and therefore your personal information is only for me and/or a few essential third part service providers, such as PayPal and Royal Mail, whom I need to use in order to fulfil your order.
- When you sign up for my newsletter you are providing your affirmative consent, (which you may revoke at any time), for me to collect, use and store the personal information you supplied, such as your name and email address.
- I also use a third-party, (Mailchimp), which supplies the form you will have filled in on the website, keeps your information secure and automates the sending of new newsletters to my subscribers. I will keep this data safe on password protected devices.
- When you click on any website’s Social Icons, (including my website), such as Facebook or Instagram, those companies will collect certain information about you. This is covered by each individual company’s Privacy and/or cookie policies.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- in the unlikely event of it being necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, technical issues or response to requests from HMRC who may ask to see PayPal/Shopify payment information.
- PayPal/Shopify receipts may be seen by my accountant.
What I will never do with your personal information
I will not sell, lease or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties unless I have your express permission or am required to do so by law – the only exception to this, is when I have to share your contact details with a delivery partner.
My records are kept on my very secure business laptop, which only I log into and use. The laptop is secured by a password. I do not use any other forms of storage for your personal information, such as Google Drive, One cloud etc.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from my website.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me at: email@example.com
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. If requested, unless required to store data for legal reasons, I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them by contacting me by email. See address below.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Claire Turner, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Links to other websites
My website, www.littlestitchhouse.co.uk may contain links to other websites you may be interested in. Please bear in mind that once you use these links to leave our site, we do not have any control or influence over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and other sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before sharing any information with other sites.