Plant a Tree, Packaging and General Eco Stuff!
Plant a Tree
- For each and every family tree purchased, one 'real' tree is planted through One Tree Planted. Please see their website www.onetreeplanted.org for further information on their work and story so far.
- Planting trees isn't just what we do! Wherever possible I use linen fabrics which is the most wonderfully sustainable and fully biodegradable fabric made from natural flax fibres. All of the flax plant is used in production so nothing is wasted (think linseed oil and flax seeds!) It also uses very little water; after hemp it is the most water efficient fibre. Not only that but linen is an incredibly durable cloth so will last much longer than a standard cotton. Where I do need to use cottons, I try to source organic and STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® cottons; for further information see OEKO-TEX® - Tailor-made solutions for the textile and leather industry
- My greetings card range is made using either recycled or sustainably sourced paper and cardstock. If packaging is needed for display purposes in shops, products are packaged in biodegradable corn starch sleeves, not cellophane. I also support the NAKED CARDS campaign; for further information please visit their website at www.nakedcards.co.uk
- My business stationery is again printed on sustainably sourced supplies.
- I now use either recycled packaging, or I reuse packaging which I have received supplies in. I use corn starch beans which are 100% biodegradable for packaging delicate items. That said, if I receive items wrapped in bubblewrap I will reuse that instead of putting it in the bin! Even my stickers are printed on recyclable sticker paper!